Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Look who's 4!!!

Yesterday we celebrated Porter's 4th birthday! I know, can you believe it? I am still kind of stressing out over the fact that I have a 4 year old, which means that I am getting up there in age myself. Porter loves all eyes on him, so having one day dedicated to him and him alone sure made him ecstatic.





What a couple of cuties ... +1 dog





French toast with sprinkles. It's all about the wow factor on your birthday, right? Not nutrition.







We have been here since September and I just got Porter's bed refinished and assembled. Hey Happy Birthday Porter you now officially have an actual bed, not a mattress resting on the floor! Don't mind my procrastinating.




I always have a helper in the kitchen.




We all know that this is the best part of baking. Someone has got to see if it tastes good.




Nooooo not spoiled at all!!!




Confetti poppers...




Too loud for you Lois?







Now he can payback his uncles and dad for the many attacks that he endured over the years.




His #1 present ... that he has not put down since he opened it.





I think Lois reacted the same way when she opened her baby doll on her birthday :)




My failed attempt at making an elephant ... we just added another dachshund to the family.


Mmmm chocolate orange blossom cake.


Who needs silverware?


She didn't quite succeed in getting as dirty as she did on her birthday, but came close. Either way she went right into the bathtub when she was finished.



Just a bunch of elephants. If he could be any animal I positive that his first choice would be an elephant.





















Bubbles fix everything.




Wearing his Godzilla jammies from Grandpa and Grandma Jackson. Godzilla slept with him lastnight it is his new protector to keep away the scary nightmares that he has been suffering from lately.




We love San Antonio Zoo.




Talking to the koi.




Hip hip hop anonymous





Yes, to all of you who are wondering if that is a leash backpack on my son's back. I remember being at Disneyland when I was younger and making fun of those mom's who had their toddlers on leashes. Now I can proudly say I AM ONE OF THOSE MOMS. And yes, I did hear people snicker at the sight of a little boy on a leash.






Porter thought he was pretty cool with this bird on his arm. He kept yelling at the other kids to be quiet so that they didn't scare his bird away.







Loee was much more timid of the birds. She would not let me put her down.




Hanging with the sloth.




Making out with Porter's monkey leash.




The zoo concluded our birthday festivities. Sean wasn't able to spend the day with us, so we will have to make up for it this weekend. There are plenty of fun things to do in this HUGE city.





























































2 comments:

The Burtons said...

Happy Birthday to both your cute little kids. It looks like you guys had a great time for both birthdays! I love Porter's new bed it looks great.

Chelsie and Trace said...

LOL I love the leash I'm sure I will have to get one for Maci at some point. You are such a crafty lady!! Miss you guys lots!