Thursday, January 13, 2011

Grandma Jackson


I just want to let you know
You mean the world to me

Only a heart as dear as yours
Would give so unselfishly

The many things you've done
All the times you were there
Help me know deep down inside
How much you really care

Even though I might not say
I appreciate all you do
Richly blessed is how I feel
Having a grandmother just like you

Everything my grandma does
is something special made with love.
She takes time to add the extra touch
that says, "I love you very much."

She fixes hurts with a kiss and smile
and tells good stories grandma-style.
It's warm and cozy on her lap
for secret telling or a nap.

And when I say my prayers at night
I ask God to bless and hold her tight.
Cause when it comes to giving hugs
my grandma's arms are filled with love!

Grandmas are for stories
about things of long ago.

Grandmas are for caring
about all this things you know.

Grandmas are for rocking you
and singing you to sleep.

Grandmas are for giving you
nice memories to keep.

Grandmas are for knowing
all the things you're dreaming of...
But, the most important thing of all,

Grandmas are for love.

There's simply no one else on earth
Who's as fortunate as me
For, I have the most special grandma
That this world shall ever see!

2 comments:

Elder Dylan Jackson Reay said...

Haley I love it! I feel the same way! I love your blog!

Unknown said...

My love and best wishes for Grandma Audrey. She is one of the sweetest and most generous ladies I have ever met. She is someone I will never forget. Her and Bill are very spiritual and giving people and I wish them both well. You could never have a better Grandma in this world!
Larry McGrorty AND FAMILY