Monday, August 15, 2011

Time to cherish

Oh how I love my children!!! Oh how I miss my Poyoy. He stayed behind in Utah with our families until we get back there after Sean's graduation on the 24th of August. He is having a blast and for sure getting spoiled, so I am certain that it has been harder on me and Sean than it has been for him. Lois has been a delight these past couple of weeks. She thinks she can get away with everything being the only kid in the house. After arriving home from the airport she went directly to Porter's room and got into all of his toys that she otherwise wouldn't be allowed to touch by Porter. He is really good and sharing with her, but he does have his favorite things and he keeps Lois' hands off of them. They will be happy to be reunited in less than two weeks!!! Holy moly where did this past year go??? I remember moving here and thinking that 12 months could not possibly come soon enough. Now I am catching myself wishing we had just a little bit more time so that we could do everything we want to here in Texas. Who knows where we will go from here, but as long as we have each other we can go anywhere and love it.



Ever since me and Lois returned back to Texas our house has not been in it's usual clean state. Sean kept it so neat and tidy while we were in Utah, but I warned him that for our last few weeks here I was not going to waste my time scrubbing and cleaning only to turn around and be making more messes with packing and dejunking. It probably has bothered him more than me, but if you ask me I am oddly enough content taking it one day at a time, packing a little here and there, having memorable phone calls with Porter, and soaking up all of mine and Lois' time together. There is not enough time in this life to be wasted worrying about all of the little things. It is time to focus on the big picture and appreciate life for what it is.



Porter got his first stitches last week. He tripped while at JcPenny's and cut his forehead open on a display table. My mom and sister Lacey are amazing!!! They took care of Porter so well. Comforting him and entertaining him during the entire ordeal. As a parent and being 1300 miles away I felt awful and helpless. Though it was just stitches and I know that it could have been much worse than it was I wanted to be there at his side. To be the one holding him and letting him cry on my shoulder. He had a lot of people caring for him through out the day of whom I am so grateful for. Thank you.

2 comments:

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Oh Dawner how I love you! Can't wait to see you next week. This is what family is all about. I know you would be doing the same for me. Enjoy little Lolo! You are so right they grow up so fast. I think it is really important to not take these years for granted! Love ya!!!!!

Chelsie and Trace said...

I can't wait to see you guys!! Poor Porter!